Do you ever have those days when you get home from work so frazzled you can’t be bothered cooking? Or those mornings where you’re too rushed to put together a healthy and nutritious lunch to take to work. I know I do, but I am loathe to reach for junk foods or anything processed too often.
I was delighted to see then that local Moss Vale catering company, My Fare Lady, is launching a weekly/monthly menu in February 2019.
The brainchild of Tracey Forbes-Lang, My Fare Lady was founded on the principle that food should be delicious, but also nurturing and nourishing and all meals are made using local and seasonal ingredients as much as possible.
“Our ingredients are sourced from markets, farms and trusted local suppliers, wherever possible, using seasonal fruit and vegetables,” explains Tracey.
“What can take three hours to prepare and capture the flavours and goodness in wholesome family meals is already done for you, says Tracey. “All you need to do is bake/roast, boil, steam, toss and dress the salad.”
Serving sizes are Double, Four or Six and prices start at $90 per week for the Double, but if you live alone, don’t stress – she’s got you covered. “The double meal can also serve those living alone,” adds Tracey,” as we find that whatever is leftover is taken to work for lunch the next day. Customers can choose to buy one week of meals or order the month of meals in advance – whatever best suits their busy schedule.”
The meals over the course of the months ahead include the following mouth-watering options:
– Slow cooked beef cottage pie in red wine with potato parmesan top
– Chicken Maryland marinated in fresh fennel, orange juice & mustard (gf)
– Spinach and ricotta lasagne with toasted pine nuts (v)
– Roast vegetable frittata with fresh basil & parmesan (v, gf)
– Green chicken curry with jasmine rice
– Spaghetti bolognaise with fresh parmesan & garlic bread
– Slow cooked lamb shoulder in red wine pie with parsley potato mash
– Caramelised onion, feta, pumpkin & basil quiche (v)
– Atlantic salmon parcels bok choy & Asian soy marinade
– Potato, celery, Spanish onion and fresh dill salad with a buttermilk mayonnaise dressing (v, gf)
– Rocket, Spanish onion parmesan salad with a caramelised balsamic dressing (v, gf)
– Spicy pumpkin buttermilk soup with roasted kale (v, gf)
To view the month of February’s delivery menu email email@example.com and place your order advising which serve size and which week or weeks you would like to have meals delivered to your home or perhaps an elderly relative.
My Fare Lady will then email you an invoice for direct deposit payment. Too easy!
It’s also worthwhile noting that if you have guests who are visiting for the weekend and /or renting a holiday home or accommodation, My Fare lady can also have an arrival cheese platter, dinner and breakfast delivered to the property awaiting their arrival. The company also caters bridal High Tea Lunches and intimate dinner parties.
Love, Di x
If you wish to learn more about life and property in the Southern Highlands, please contact me via www.belleproperty.com/bowral